How to Use Measure Tool in Google Maps API
- To start measuring, right click the map and choose “Measure distance”.
- Left click the map, and the measurement between the two locations will display.
Keep clicking to add more measurement waypoints.
- To remove a waypoint, left click on the waypoint (the first point cannot be removed).
- To insert a waypoint on the measurement line, left click the line.
Waypoints can be moved by clicking and dragging them.
- When the first point and the last point are close enough, the area will display.
- To end measuring, right click the map and choose “Clear measurement”.
Visit the project page to find out more advanced use.